Middle School Athletics
Athletics Goals & Purpose
West Michigan Academy of Arts and academics believes that a dynamic program of student activities is vital to the educational development of the "whole child". The goal of these programs is to realize the value of participation without over-emphasizing the importance of winning.
The purpose is to develop and improve character traits (leadership, cooperation, team building, selflessness, etc.), as well as the socio-emotional needs of the programs' student-athletes. Our programs should expand the experiences available to middle school students, in grades 6, 7, and 8, while promoting the following ideals:
- To support and practice the WMAAA mission.
- To develop good sportsmanship.
- To improve fundamental skills and gain a knowledge and appreciation for the game.
- Provide students with several options to participate in athletic programs.
- Participation in athletic programs is a privilege, not a right.
Forms & Notices
State law mandates that any and all student-athletes have the following forms turned completed and turned in BEFORE they may practice, participate, or compete in athletics. Links to all required forms are below.
Physical Examination Clearance Form
Concussion Awareness Form
WMAAA offers athletic programs during the school year. We offer the following sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade students:
Boys and Girls Cross Country