Middle School Athletics
Athletics Goals & Purpose
West Michigan Academy of Arts and academics believes that a dynamic program of student activities is vital to the educational development of the "whole child". The goal of these programs is to realize the value of participation without over-emphasizing the importance of winning.
The purpose is to develop and improve character traits (leadership, cooperation, team building, selflessness, etc.), as well as the socio-emotional needs of the programs' student-athletes. Our programs should expand the experiences available to middle school students, in grades 6, 7, and 8, while promoting the following ideals:
- To support and practice the WMAAA mission.
- To develop good sportsmanship.
- To improve fundamental skills and gain a knowledge and appreciation for the game.
- Provide students with several options to participate in athletic programs.
- Participation in athletic programs is a privilege, not a right.
WMAAA offers athletic programs during the school year. We offer the following sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade students:
Boys and Girls Cross Country